Re: PWR releases

A good source of generic information is "Radiochemistry in Nuclear Power
Reactors", by Chien C. Lin, NAS-NS-3119.  The complete text can be viewed on
the National Academy of Press Web Page:

http://www.nap.edu/readingroom/enter2.cgi?EN.html

Here's to a risk free world, and other fantasies.

Bill Lipton
liptonw@detroitedison.com

At 02:09 PM 10/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Where can I find information on likely releases
>from a 10 MW PWR reactor circa 1960.  I found a list in
>the Rad Health Handbook on page 429 for a 1000 MW PWR
>for coolant inventory.  I have very limited experience
>with reactors - is this list typical?.  I am looking
>for potential radionuclides in discharge water from
>the hot waste tank, outer vapor container and process
>laundry facility.
>
>I am also trying to determine which release standards
>would have been in affect during the 1960's.  Would they
>have been the old MCLs from 10CFR20 ???
>
>Any information would be appreciated!
>
>David Thorne
>dthorne@gj.net

In order to help folks that might have the data you
are interested in, it would be beneficial to provide
a little more information.

What is the intended purpose for the requested data?
10 MW(e) or 10 MW(t)???
A 10 MW reactor is too small to be a commercial design.
Basic design information is also important, as every system
is different.  Some prototypes were of that size, or
thereabouts.  The smallest commercial reactor would probably
be Big Rock Point, I believe, weighing in at 62 MW(e).
Also, what edition of the RHH are you looking at???
I have two versions, neither of which has this type of
info on p. 429.

Best regards

Judd M. Sills, CHP           |   Office: (619)455-2049
General Atomics, Room 01-166C|      Fax: (619)455-3181
3550 General Atomics Court   |   E-Mail:  sillsj@gat.com
San Diego, CA  92121         |