Re: Paper Planchets

GCARTWRIGHT.OPPD.COM wrote:

> Does anyone have experience (good or bad) with the use of paper planchets as
> samples holders in counting systems such as Tennelec's.  I also need any
> information on current suppliers.  All help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Gary Cartwright
> gcartwright@oppd.com
>
> "Veni, vidi, Velcro."
> I came, I saw, I stuck around.

	I have used them at a couple of facilities with good results. The best
way is to glue regular (i.e., not self-adhesive) smears to the paper
planchet with "stick" glue. Stick glue can be purchased from an office
supply store. The self adhesive smears tend to curl on occasion, which
either jam in the counter or break the tube.

	The cheapest source for paper planchets is a large paper products
supply company. They are called "paper cup bottoms" and usually cost
~$40 for a box of 5,000.

	Happy Counting.

	Jim Williams
	NARM@Worldnet.att.net