Re: I-131 procedure bioassay requirement

Chris and Radsafers,

Ccja@aol.com wrote:

> Richard
>
> It has nothing to do with the 30 millicurie rule. The requirement is from Reg
> Guide 8.20, and is that bioassay must be done if a worker uses 1 millicurie
> In either circumstance, if they didn't do the tests, they were in violation.
>
> chris alston

Chris and Radsafers,

An NRC Reg Guide is NOT a regulation and is only "required" if
incorporated into your license. It is only a recommendation from NRC
staff and has no basis, on its own, for a violation.

Wes

--
Wesley R. Van Pelt, Ph.D., CIH, CHP                KF2LG
President, Van Pelt Associates, Inc.