Subject: Plutonium toxicity and carcinogenicity
From:    "Michael C. Baker" <mcbaker%lanl.gov@inet.rfets.gov> at inet
Date:    10/6/1997  12:27

I noticed the following request for help on the usenet group
sci.energy and thought some people in this forum would be much
better qualified to help this person than those usenet readers
who will likely respond to him.  Please respond directly to the
person below.

Mike Baker
mcbaker@lanl.gov

      From: Philip Gore <75604.1722@compuserve.com>
Newsgroups: sci.energy

I am writing a report on the effects of plutonium and would appreciate
any references on its toxicity and carcinogenicity.  Both references to
epidemiological studies and to theoretical models of its action in the
body would be helpful.  I have the references from Health Physics on
the  medical followup of Manhattan Project workers exposed to plutonium
and would also like the references to animal studies in which
purportedly all animals that inspired Pu got lung cancer. I have seen
these studies alluded to in this newsgroup but no citations were given.
                        Thank you for your help,
                        Philip Gore
                        gore@comped1.cas.vanderbilt.edu