Re: Theraeutic Dosimetry

Hello.

Re: the "Gamma Knife" there are a few in this country.  They are made by a
Swedish company Leksall-Elekta with a US office in the Atlanta, GA region, if
memory serves me correctly.  The GA radiation program will be familiar with
them - contact Tom Hill (404-362-2675 or tom_hill@mail.dnr.state.ga.us).

Also, there has been one for a number of years at Cabrini Medical
Center/Columbus Hospital in Chicago.  When I visited the facility there a
number of years ago, the physicist was Bashir Pothiawala.  I have a phone
number of 312-883-6519.  The address is 2520 N. Lakeview Ave, Chicago IL
60614.  There is also a new installation at NYU Med Center here in NYC.  You
might try calling Christopher Marshall, the RSO there who could put you in
touch with one of the physicists for the facility there.  His number is
212-263-6888.  Address - Dept of Radiation Safety, 560 First Ave, NYC 10016.

Hope this is useful.

Bob Kulikowski