Re: pregnant x-ray tech

Perfect your approach. This also agrees with the IAEA Basic Safety Standards
Recommendation, Safety Series 115, 1996

I.17 - The notification of pregnancy   shall not be considered a reason to
exclude a female worker from work; however, the employer of a female worker
who has notified pregnancy shall adapt the working conditions in respect of
occupational exposure so as to ensure that the embryo or fetus is afforded
the same broad level of protection as required for members of the public;

Note:

a)  em case of the IAEA-BSS, 1 mSv per year;

b) provide to those workers who could be affected by an emergency plan
appropriate information, instruction and training and keep records of the
training provided;

c) employers, registrants and licensees shall make arrangements for
appropriate health surveillance in accordance with the rules established by
the Regulatory Authority (in this case the NRC, I think)

J. J. Rozental <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
Israel