Compaction Discs

Happy Friday, Radsaders!

Do any of you know where I might be able to find some discs that would
grip the inside of 55 gallon drums to hold down compacted radwaste? I
have about fifty 55 gallon drums containing the turnings and borings
from machining magnesium-thorium metal, and it is like steel wool. When
you try to compact it it springs right back. And one drum only holds
about 15 lbs of the stuff! Can you say $2500/drum for disposal costs
boys and girls? I knew you could. I need volume reduction! If I could
find something that would hold down the compacted waste, I could save
some substantial cash. Supercompaction is one solution, but I'd like to
try this first.

Please contact me directly. Thank you in advance!

Donald P. Mercado
Radiation Safety Officer
Lockheed Martin Missiles & Space
O/47-20, B/101