RE: Compaction Discs

Reminiscence time...

When I was in the Navy on tender duty, we manufactured our own out of
3/4 inch plywood or particle board. Cut them about 3/16th's of an inch
too big and pack them down so they grab onto the roll ring of the drum.
We also put about a 1 inch hole in the center. I think (and this is
going back a dozen years) we did that to allow us to vent the waste,
sample if needed, etc.

I think PVNGS used to use prefabricated steel disks. I would think a
waste broker would know.

Rick Edwards, Analyst

The Boeing Company, Radiation Protection Technical Services Group
richard.w.edwards@boeing.com         (425) 393-8250