Schoenhofer
Habichergasse 31/7
A-1160 Wien
AUSTRIA
Tel./Fax: +43-1-4955308
Mobiltel.: +43-664-3380333
e-mail: schoenho@via.at

----------
After having read the many contributions I would like to say that I agree,
that all the transports, the drift of machinery for concentration,
enrichment etc has to be taken into account for the CO2 balance also for
nuclear power - though a large part of it could use electricity produced by
nuclear power. But is this balance not much worse for coal - thinking that
the transport of a ton of enriched uranium to a nuclear power plant
produces considerably less CO2 in case of diesel engines than the transport
of millions of tons of coal to a coal fired power plant?  This is only one
point, but I cannot imagine that nuclear power and coal fired power plants
would produce an equal CO2 emission in the end.

Franz

Franz