Re: Greenhouse Gases

At 07:11 AM 10/22/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Question,
>
>Do Nuclear Power Plants -- INCREASE, DECREASE, OR EQUAL
>greenhouse gas production, compared to conventional (gas, oil, coal)
>power plants?

Tad,
While interest in this topic seems to have simmered down, today I came
across what may be a useful reference, a copy of which I have only in
Preliminary Draft form: "Comparative Environmental and Health Impacts of
Different Energy Systems for Electricity Production", in the Key Issues
Paper of Expert Group A of a Senior Expert Symposium on Electricity and the
Environment, Helsinki, Finland, 13-17 May 1991.  It apparently had eleven
eminent sponsoring agencies and was published by the IAEA as SM-323 in its
final form.