Re: effective dose info needed

Dick Trim wrote:
>      "We are looking for current information on organ doses and total
>      effective dose equivalents (effect doses) from diagnostic imaging
>      (including conventional x-ray, fluoroscopy, CT, specials, and
>      mammograpy) for adult as well as pediatric patients.

In the UK the most comprehensive (if not the most comprehensible) source
of info is the NRPB http://www.nrpb.org.uk/

Try publication NRPB-R289: Doses to patients from Medical X-ray
Examinations in the UK - 1995 Review. This basically gives entrance
surface doses and DAP measurements, which if you go back to NRPB-R262:
Estimation of Effective Dose in Diagnostic Radiology from Entrance
Surface Dose and Dose-Area Product Measurements and read in conjunction
you may be able to piece together some information (big may!)

If that's not enough, to really blow you away try NRPB-R186: Organ Doses
from Medical X-ray Examinations Calculated Using Monte Carlo Techniques.
truly a best seller! - no comments John!!!

You could also try Rosenstein, M - but I can't remember any of the
references, sorry.

Good Luck

Andy Hancock
Charing Cross Hospital