re: electronic dosimeter for 100 nsec pulses

Myung Chul Jo says:

I would appreciate to know what kind  and type of electronic dosimeters
are suitable to measure x-ray pulses with 100 nanosecond duration and
expected exposure rate is 50-200 mR/pulse at about 1 meter from target.
The expected x-ray energies are 0-3 MeV. I want to be able to access the
exposure (or rate) immediately without special reader and keep as long as
I want. Area monitors will be in place
but they will require to be processed by outside vendor. I would like to
map radiation fields as quickly as possible in our facility when the unit
starts operating. I have 2 pressurized ion chambers which have integration
mode. I would like to be able to take more than two points/pulse.

Ted de C. summarized the challenges well. 2 Mrad/s and mrad sensitivity is
a considerable challenge.  If a specialized instrument is
available the costs would be such that your objective of doing multiple
points could be done just as cheaply (and probably better) with an
in-house TLD system.  A manual basic system would probably cost $15-20K
(this might be wishful dreaming, I have not priced these systems in some
time!) --
the above are the personal musing of the author,
and do not represent any past, current, or future
position of NIST, the U.S. Government, or anyone else
who might think that they are in a position of authority.
NBSR Health Physics
NIST
Gaithersburg, MD 20899
301 975-5810