UV protective material

I have a question from a lab and have been unable to find an answer
in my texts and manuals.

The question: We have a UV light box which produces a 312nm
wavelength for viewing ethidium bromide agarose gels.  It uses 6, 15
watt bulbs.  We need to buy a shield and the catalog offers a
polycarbonate or an acrylic material.  Which is sufficient for this
wavelength?  Both?  Is the only difference one of strength?

I have no text which discusses materials except in a general way and
I view this as a chance to broaden my knowledge of UV....so if anyone
can answer the question(s) AND offer advice on text, I would
certainly appreciate it.

If you don't think the list needs the info, please respond directly
to me.

george@pliny.ehs.ufl.edu
George Rawls
University of Florida