Re: Secondary Market for Tritium-loaded Exit Signs?

Our facility just replaced all of their tritium exit signs with energy
saving lighted signs.  The vendor disposed of the old signs (at no cost to
us) and discounted the price of the new signs.

At 09:59 AM 12/2/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Hello all!
>
>Does anyone know whether there is a secondary market (re-sale) for
>self-luminous exit signs?  If a company no longer has a need for these signs,
>it appears the vendor will dispose of them for between $75 and $150 per sign.
> (That cost goes down if a replacement sign is ordered from the vendor.)
> However, the signs are in perfect working order, with quite a few working
>years still left in them.  Is disposal the only option?  I would be grateful
>to learn of any experiences any of you might have on this issue.
>
>Happy Holidays!
>
>Carol Berger
>Integrated Environmental Management, Inc.
>(301) 762-0502
>BergerIEM@aol.com

Tad  Blanchard            /__ \ /___\   NASA-Goddard Space Flight Center
Nat'l Health Svc, Inc          O         Code 205.9, Greenbelt, MD 20771
Sr Health Physics Tech        / \                    Phone: 301-286-9157
Assistant RSO                /___\                   Fax:   301-286-1618
                 mailto:Tad.M.Blanchard.1@GSFC.NASA.gov
        http://panza.gsfc.nasa.gov/205/205-2/Health/RADPROT.HTM