Re: Dispersion Models

Bruce,

We use the Israel/Storm tables for coefficients in a wide
variety of materials.  Raplh Nelson (the inventor of the
EGS radiation transport code) is the caretaker of the ftp
site where this is stored.  It does not have the same form
of the NIST data (much more data in the I/S tables) and may
be made accessible if you can convince Ralph who may be
contacted at:

	mailto:wrnrp@slac.stanford.edu

to make the site available on the Michigan site (or rather
site up a link to the SLAC site).

This could also answer the question asked earlier on radsafe
regarding coefficients (which are vital to some of the
codes you mention above--which also tend to cut-off above
10 MeV without supplemental libraries--important to
accelerator types!).

I'm somewhat uncomfortable with commercial sites offering
'some data' as a solution to the problem (especially for
poor graduate students and government workers!).

S.,

MikeG.