Re: Letters to the Editor

Bill Nabor provides a quick mechanism for writing letters to the
editor. I caution everyone that if a slew of templates show up at a
single newspaper or other media organization, the point being made
will be diminished by the simple fact that the experts submitting
their comments will be looked upon as not having the time to address
specifics, but are only using a tool to address a multitude of
potential scenarios.

I am fully aware of the template models that have been used in power
plant emergency planning exercises. What becomes quite clear in a
timely manner is that any issue, or incident, is unique in what is
happening, or, the way the issue is being presented. I personally am
against using any canned responses to address any nuclear issue, be
in in the media or to a public forum.

If we want to respond, then we should take the time and address each
issue on its own merits. I believe that there would be NO way that
what Ruth sent the other day could have been written based on a
template.

This is my opinion. Perhaps a template or a set of templates would
work for others. My final comment. Be unique, be individualistic, and
refrain from standard replies.

------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director