Re[2]: Letters to the Editor -Reply

Ruth:

Both you and Dean are right.  I have published letters in NY Times on Food
Irradiation.  Because of the large number of letters they receive, they
edit the letters and do not consult the author on the final version.
However, at least in my experience, they conveyed the gist of the
communication, not the details of my argument.

Local papers, however do publish all that you write and are generally
courteous enough to allow you to examine the final version.

I do agree with your comment about "public won't understand."

Sam
========