Re: Isokinetic Flow Standards

At 09:41 AM 12/22/97 -0600, you wrote:

>I'm looking for an industry standard (HPS or ANSI ?) on
>recommendations for determining  isokinetic flow for gas sampling
>systems (if such a thing exists). While my old textbooks work fine
>for me, some clients like to be more formally convinced.
>
>Thanks ahead of time.
>
>Sam Stilwell
>Proto-Power Corporation
>Groton,  CT
>860-405-7208, x3037
>sstilwel@proto.protopower.com

The single best reference for design standards is ANSI N13.1-1969, Guide to
Sampling Airborne Radioactive Materials in Nuclear Facilities.   The current
cost of this standard is $24 from ANSI.  You can order this on-line at
http://www.ansi.org/

You might also want to study some related standards such as ANSI N42.18-1980,
Specification and Performance of On-Site Instrumentation for Continuously
Monitoring Radioactivity in Effluents, a little more pricey at $85 which
addresses the
radioactivity monitoring aspects of the effluent monitoring.

Best regards and Happy Holidays