answer environmentalist lumping -Reply

Dr Rawls,

>For those concerned with the lumping of all environmentalists into
>one group, I offer the following :
>The grouping in my mind is as follows:

>Group one is a large number of insightful people <snip>

>Group two is a rather small, noisy, dishonest, well connected rabble
>who resort to knowingly being dishonest, intimidation, bad science,
>the breaking of laws, violation of individual property rights and any
>other constitutional right which presents a barrier.  To these
>people, the end justifies the means.  They are the enemies of truth
>and purveyors of lies and they are the darllings of the media and of
>spineless politicians.

I'm sure neither of us wants to get into a long discussion about this,
so please excuse my replying to you.  But I wanted just to point out
that your groupings could easily have been written *about* radiation
professionals *by* environemtalists (possibly changing 'darlings of the
media and of spineless politicians' to 'darlings of the military
industrial complex and powerful politicians').  That's why it's
*essenital* to realize there are reasonable people opposed to what we
know are reasonable ideas.  Politics does play a huge role in all this
and not just inter/national type politics but individual's attitudes and
who they'll trust.

Ok - I've taken enough of your time.  Best wishes for the new year.

Marissa Bartlett