Beging for equipment

Howdy RADSAFEers,

I just found out that my budget is about 1/3 of what I asked for, (Happy
Holidays!)
all the little things on my budget got axed instantly (the Grinch took all
my bong-bonglers and ting-tinglers).  I am now placed in a position to beg
for
help.  I'll start with the one thing that really has my supervisor pulling
her
hair out for.  Does anyone have an old, beatup, but still more or less
functional 1x1 NaI detector lying in a drawer somewhere that they never use
and
would be willing to part with?  I'll gladly pay for shipping (I do mean me,
personally).  I'm just trying to make certain I'm meeting the MIL-STD and the
ASTM standards they say we do, is that so wrong?

Mercifully, every thing that had SAFETY on the justification forms seems to
have survived.  Better luck next time I hope.  (BTW, I'm a contractor and
NASA gives us our funding after they've taken the hit initially.  Don't
blame them, blame Congress.)

Thanks and please pardon the shameless begging, I'm really irritated right
now,

Scott Kniffin

Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD

The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
reviewed by my employer or supervisor.