Re: Beging for equipment

Scott D. Kniffin wrote:

> Howdy RADSAFEers,
>
> I just found out that my budget is about 1/3 of what I asked for, (Happy
> Holidays!)
> all the little things on my budget got axed instantly (the Grinch took all
> my bong-bonglers and ting-tinglers).  I am now placed in a position to beg
> for
> help.  I'll start with the one thing that really has my supervisor pulling
> her
> hair out for.  Does anyone have an old, beatup, but still more or less
> functional 1x1 NaI detector lying in a drawer somewhere that they never use
> and
> would be willing to part with?  I'll gladly pay for shipping (I do mean me,
> personally).  I'm just trying to make certain I'm meeting the MIL-STD and the
> ASTM standards they say we do, is that so wrong?
>
> Mercifully, every thing that had SAFETY on the justification forms seems to
> have survived.  Better luck next time I hope.  (BTW, I'm a contractor and
> NASA gives us our funding after they've taken the hit initially.  Don't
> blame them, blame Congress.)
>
> Thanks and please pardon the shameless begging, I'm really irritated right
> now,
>
> Scott Kniffin
>
> Scott.D.Kniffin.1@gsfc.nasa.gov
> RSO, Unisys Corp. @ Lanham, MD
> CHO, Radiation Effects Facility, GSFC, NASA, Greenbelt, MD
>
> The opinions expressed here are my own.  They do not necessarily represent
> the views of Unisys Corporation or NASA.  This information has not been
> reviewed by my employer or supervisor.

I have a 3" crystal with a 5/8" hole bored perpendicular to it's long
axis.  This was from a Packard Automated gammma counter.  Make me an
offer!
--
	  Voice:     	440-946-5259
	  Pager:	216-360-3773

Home Page:  http://www.en.com/users/carlson/

Used H.P. Equipment:  http://members.harborcom.net/~jwills/

Digital Display Pager: http://www.usamobile.com/epage.html
	Use the pager number above to send text message!