Re: Research Subject Doses

At 02:32 PM 12/29/97 -0600, Chuck Pickering wrote:

>						I am interested in your
>thoughts on extrapolating in this fashion and if you have suggestions
>on what the risk might be if one extrapolated using a non-linear
>method.

This is just about impossible to answer definitively, as it all depends
on where each respondent places the x-intercept (threshold value).  It
will also depend on whether you account for possible hormetic(sp?)
effects.  The only thing I can say for sure is that all of the non-LNT
models I've seen will give you a lower risk probability than LNT at
low doses.

Eric Denison <denison.8@osu.edu>
Radiation Safety Technician
Environmental Health & Safety