Re: Anyone using SEG?

Regarding SEG's capabilities concerning liquid scintillation vial disposal
and the varied responses from other generators and rad waste brokers.

To the best of our knowledge, SEG does accept non-hazardous scintillation
fluids for incineration. Because they do not have a part B permit they do
not accept hazardous scintillation fluids nor do they transport hazardous
wastes.

The cost to dispose of scintillation fluids at SEG is, to the best of our
knowledge, significantly higher than the charge to dispose of these waste
streams through radwaste brokers who in turn ship the wastes to commercial
part B permitted mixed waste and vial shredding companies such as NSSI.

If you need more specific information please contact me by email or call me
or Bob Gallagher at:

NSSI
Box 34042
Houston, Tx 77234