Re: Diet to counter acute radiation dose?

Hasn't anyone else seen the Star Trek: Next Generation Ep where Data
gets amnesia and unknowingly brings a radioactively contaminated metal
into a primative village?  He then invents the instruments to discover the
radiation source,  analyzes its impact on the population, and in a matter of
hours invents (reinvents?) a broth that **cures** the damage done by the
radiation.  I have to admit that I love Sci Fi, and STNG is one of my
favorites, but that one hit a little to close to home.  I'm afraid of what kind
of message a show like that gives to the general public.

If Data could discover/invent the cure for radiation in a few hours, with
only "primative" instruments, then why haven't all the scientists invented
it here and now?  I'm surprised the conspiracy theorists haven't claimed
that a cure exists and the government is covering it up.  Or did I just miss
that theory?

Joelle Key
TN-DRH
jkey@mail.state.tn.us