Re: STAR (was Montel)

Otto Raabe wrote

>I like Keith's idea about joining STAR and attending their meetings. ...
>If you have a chance, remember
>to remind the group (with a friendly smile) that ...

I recommend going to these meetings with the intent to listen more than to
talk. There are groups in Santa Fe (near Los Alamos) which are similar to
STAR. When I meet with them, I find it important to convince myself I am
going there to listen and understand their point of view. Of course I am
unable to keep my mouth shut, but the more time I spend listening,
especially one-on-one, the more likely I am to gain some trust.  I almost
lost it once when an activist accused Einstein of being an evil bomb-maker,
but simply contradicting him would have achieved little.

"Shlala gashle" (Zulu greeting, meaning "Stay safe")
mike (mcnaught@LANL.GOV)