Re: STAR (was Montel)

Keith's idea is good, but in some cases may not be possible to implement.
The same idea was considered here, but we learned that some of the so-called
public interest groups have self-perpetuating boards which are not elected
by the membership, and through various atifices may not have fiscal or other
accountability requirements to any state or other governmental bodies.

Don't mean to rain on the parade, but the dues you pay do not necessarily
guarantee a voice or a vote in the organization.

Ron Kathren