Re[2]: looking for lost file

     A freshman at Eagle Rock Junior High won first prize at the Greater
     > >> Idaho Falls Science Fair, April 26.  He was attempting to show
     how
     > >> conditioned we have become to the alarmists practicing junk
     science and > >> spreading fear of everything in our environment.  In
     his project he
     > urged
     > >> people
     > >> to sign a petition demanding strict control or total elimination
     of the > >> chemical
     > >> "dihydrogen monoxide."  And for plenty of good reasons, since it
     can: > >>

     Remember, though that this question was asked in an area where it is a
     running joke to refer to a young lady as going to college for her
     "emm-arr-ess" (Mrs.) degree. The priorities are different for a lot of
     the population.

     Although the fear mongers are well represented as well.  One fellow
     called in the EPA (as I recall it) to test the water coming out of the
     aquifer in a spring to 'prove' that the INEEL was contaminating it.
     No INEEL contamination, but HE was cited for what he was putting into
     it with his trout farm.  :-P

     Dave (No, I'm not a native) Neil
     neildm@inel.gov
     maclir@if.rmci.net