Re: Skull Caps With Respirators

Don't know of any problem with this.  We do it all the time here at Rocky Flats.

Bates Estabrooks
bates.estabrooks@rfets.gov

Subject: Skull Caps With Respirators
Author:  MARK.A.FRIEDMANN2%ucm.com@inet.rfets.gov at inet
Date:    1/21/98 9:51 AM

     Is anyone aware of a regulation, or industry standard, which would
     prohibit wearing a skull cap (or beanie) with respirators,
providing
     that it does not interfere with the facial seal.  It is a practice
     sometimes wear a skull cap underneath the straps to prevent the
straps
     from pulling the hair.  I have not found anything which would
prohibit
     this, as long as the integrity of the facial seal is maintained.

     Thanks in advance.

     Mark Friedmann
     mark.a.friedmann2@ucm.com
     815-942-2920  X3565