Re: Skull Caps With Respirators

Mark

The item to be concerned about, when wearing a mask, is the seal.  As long
as the skull cap does not come between the sealing surface of the mask and
the skin of the face, it can be used.

It should be used, my recommendation that can be discarded in its entirety,
to prevent the hair from getting caught in the sliding rubber strap
fasteners that hold the mask in place.  With out the skull caps being
properly in place, the mask is almost impossible to remove with out
experiencing some pain due to captured hair.  Removal in a hurry can be
very painful.

A skull cap should not be confused with hood or head covering used to
prevent contamination of the head.

George

ghofferber@scientech.com