Re: Radioactive Metals

Otto,
I suspect that the concern is about the prospect of recycled radioactive
metals finding their way into consumer products. The EPA is looking into
the issue of promulgating release standards for volumetrically contaminated
materials; see
http://www.epa.gov/radiation/scrap/
Also see the September newsletter of the East Tennessee Chapter of the
Health Physics Society (http://www.serversolutions.com/etchps/) for a
summary of a talk given by Val Loeselle of the Association of Radioactive
Metal Recyclers (ARMR).

Kevin Meyer, Ph.D, CHP
ETTP NDA Characterization Facility
East Tennessee Technology Park