Re: Re[3]: Children: rad exposure from Nuc Med patients -Reply

At 04:43 PM 1/26/98 -0600, you wrote:

>I guess we should ban children from taking transcontinental
>airline flights, or maybe we should not allow children
>to live in Colorado, or maybe we should limit the amount of
>bananas children are allow to consume, or maybe......
>a millirem is a millirem is a millirem.... ~ ~
>

>Gerry, only if you subscribe to EPA's 1 mrem risk assessments.
>
>H.  Dean Chaney, CHP -  USNRC, Region IV/WCFO
>hdc@nrc.gov
>ddchaney@castles.com
>
>The views put forth above are my own and do not necessarily
>reflect the beliefs or policies of the USNRC or any other
>governmental entity.
>
>Dear Radsafers:

You don't want to keep kids out of Colorado.  The new ACS Cancer Statistics
show that Colorado is tied for the third LOWEST cancer death rate in the
country.  The highest cancer death rate, by far, is in Washington, DC.

By the way, my lack of comments regarding Helen Caldicott is due to the fact
that she is beneath contempt and not worth mentioning on Radsafe.  She is a
disgusting, scientifically incompetent fraud.  Maybe NRC should invite her
to its public meetings, instead of that "health physics" jerk from New
Jersey who has shown up at two public meetings (about the Part 35 rewrite
and the Radiopharmacy Guide).  Hey, if NRC wants to bring in an antinuke
jerk to dilute out good science, medicine, and pharmacy, why not bring in a
professional?

Ciao, Carol