Re: RE Comply & Year 2000

Pete,

	I missed the first part of this thread; however, a better year 2000 test
is to set the computer clock for 2355 on 31 Dec 1999.  Run the program with
a limited number of isotopes.  Turn the computer off for ten minutes and
turn it back on.  The date should have incremented correctly.  Run the
program again with a limited number of isotopes.  Then do the same thing
but change the time/date to 2355 31 Dec 2000.  Programs with Year 2000
problems will have diffucilty handling those time/date transitions.

JERRY THOMAS

At 10:49 01/21/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I lied to my computer and told it it was 2040 and ran Comply at level1
>with a VERY abreviated [2] number of isotopes at levels I knew should
>comply.  The program behaved normally, printing out the results with
>date and all.  Year is printed last two digits only anyway.  Suggest
>anyone who use it at level 2 or 3 try a similar test.
>
>Peter G. Vernig, VA Medical Center, Denver
>
>This was not reveiwed by management and is solely my opinion.
>vernig.peter@forum.va.gov

CAPT Jerry A. Thomas,  MSC, USN
Chief Radiological Physics
Department of Radiology/Nuclear Medicine
Uniformed Services University of the Health Sciences
4301 Jones Bridge Road
Bethesda, MD  20814-4799

mailto:thomas@bob.usuf2.usuhs.mil
Phone:   (301) 295-3246