Re: Beta source available -Reply -Reply

Although, my interpretation may not be favorable from your point of view, because
the device is going to be used for medical purposes more stringent regulations appear
to apply.  I am aware of a licensee in HI that acquired a number of sr-90 sources and
they could only be used for calibration.  They could not be used for medical purposes.
 So like it or not, thats the story.  As  I mentioned, I don't always aggree with all NRC
HQ decisions,  but the other side, I don't want any licensee using any source he got
from who knows where on me for medical purposes

The views are my own and not those of the agency.  KMP@NRC.Gov.