RE: A lighter note

Tony:

Coincidentally, I had a similar conversation last Friday. Someone from
our Vet Lab asked me what the "radura" was (the accepted symbol for
irradiated food). I assured him it was not to be confused with the
"tri-foil" symbol, and directed him to the umich web site, the Mecca for
all things radiation related. A short essay on the tri-foil by Paul
Frame appears on this page:

http://www.sph.umich.edu/group/eih/UMSCHPS/symbols.htm

Maybe if Paul is out there in RADSAFE land he can tell us why the name
tri-foil is used.

Jim Herrold, Radiation Safety Officer
University of Wyoming

herrold@uwyo.edu