RE: A lighter note

At 11:02 AM 2/9/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Anthony,
>
>I've heard both words used, and I'm not sure which is more prevalent (or
>more correct).
=====================================
You are correct, both names are used, for example:
The IRPA WEB  http://www.tue.nl/sbd/irpa/logohist.htm explains the reason of
its "trifoil" symbol, very interesting to know, however considering
International recommendation,  as the IAEA,  since its first  Safety Safety
Series No. 6, Regulations for the Safe Transport of Radioactive Material,
published in 1961 up to the present Safety Standards Series No.
ST-1/Requirements - Regulations for the Safe Transport of Radioactive
Material - 1996 Edition, the correct word is "trefoil"

J.J. Rozental <josrozen@netmedia.net.il>
Israel