QA Samples (environmental, body counter, etc.)

I work for a small utility in Atlantic Canada that owns and operates the
Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station.  Our Health Physics Department
used to get an adequate number of QA samples from the EPA  lab in Las
Vegas.  The number of samples has declined in recent years, mainly  due
to shipping concerns (the acid content of the samples NOT the radiation
content).

We currently receive samples from Health Canada at a ridiculous cost (as
high as $20,000).  We would like to explore our options and are even
considering sending someone to the US to physically drive the samples
back here.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a way to get QA samples shipped to
us or know of a source of such samples in New England?

You may reply directly to Joe McCulley (e-mail jmcculley@nbpower.com) or
phone 506-458-4401.

Thanks.