Depleted Uranium

The anti-nuclear activists seem to have found a new cause in recent months and
that is the use of depleted uranium in the gulf war.  They are attempting to
claim that the so-called "gulf war syndrome" is related to the use of depleted
uranium in weaponry.  Does anyone have information on this issue?  Perhaps
some discussion of it would be useful here and I am also including my email
address below if anyone wants to reply privately.  If anyone with experience
on this subject wants to write about it for my web site, I will be happy to
post it.

                                                           R. Holloway
                                                           email:
roberth@ntanet.net