Re: TMI root causes -Reply

Charles,

In your latest comments, I find nothing to disagree with. In summary,
you state that the NRC does their job effectively, and that economic
considerations were only secondary to safety concerns. If that is the
case, there is no argument. Based on this assumption, then one must
consider whether or not another plant that continues to operate when
there is an issue to mitigate, is operating safely or not. You
presume to consider the plant unsafe? Otheriwse, you would have not
insinuated that it should have been shutdown. Without knowing all the
specifics, I submit that we don't have all the facts to base any
conclusion. However, I will agree with you that there have been
situations where a plant should have been shutdown, and they did not.
I hope this is the case and that the plant that continues to operate
in an unsafe mode, is the outlier.
------------------
Sandy Perle
Technical Director