Re: Radon and lung cancer

Raymond wrote:

> Wasn't it Enrico Fermi who once said something to the effect that 'no new
> scientific idea ever wins acceptance based on the merits of the evidence,
> but gains acceptance simple because its critics die off?'

This might be the complete quote:
"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents,
but rather because its opponents die and a new generation grows up
that is familiar with it." - Max Planck

What is a scientific truth????

Ado van Rensburg
Director: Medical Physics       Tel: int 27 12 354 2317
Pretoria Academic Hosp          Fax: int 27 12 329 1302
PBag X169                       E-mail: AVANRENS@MEDIC.UP.AC.ZA
PRETORIA,  South Africa
I don't like Medical Physics - I LOVE IT!