Re: Gaussian Plumes - how far out can you be?

What we usually do is calculate out to 50 miles (80 km) along the plume
centerline, unless we know that the air basin is bounded by some geographical
feature before that (like a mountain range or pass, or foothills, or a body of
water.  Trinity Consultants in Dallas, TX has done a lot of work on specialized
air basins (offshore breezes, cliffs, etc.  If they are still around, they
probably have a web page.

Clearly only my own opinion

Ruth F. Weiner
Transportation Systems Department