External monitoring criteria

Good morning!

The NRC, of course requires monitoring for persons who are likely to
exceed 10% of the occupational dose limits. We're working our way
away from a philosophy in which we badged nearly everything that
breathed towards a more narrowly targeted approach under which we
would only monitor those workers who met specific criteria.   I'm
interested in what monitoring criteria you've established at your
facility and how you arrived at those criteria.  Please note that I'm
just talking about external monitoring.  I'd be glad to summarize the
results in a few days.   Thanks for your help!

Sue Dupre

Sue M. Dupre, Health Physicist

Environmental Health and Safety Office
262 Alexander Street