Re: Federal Guidance Report No 13

March 19, 1998
Davis, CA

Yes, I think we should all write letters of outrage about Federal Guidance
Report No. 13 to EPA's Allan Richardson, Associate Director for Radiation
Guidance, Radiation Protection Division (6602J), U.S. Environmental
Protection Agency, Washington, DC 20460. But, I suspect that EPA will not
be too receptive.

IT IS MORE IMPORTANT TO VISIT YOUR SENATORS, CONGRESS MEMBER, AND CALL THE
PRESIDENT, AND ALSO WRITE TO THEM TO GET SOME ACTION TO BLOCK THE FORMAL
ADOPTION OF THIS REPORT. Remember, your letters will be most effective if
you send a copy to the President's Science Advisors and also to the
congressional staff persons responsible for reviewing the radiation health
issues. You can get the names of these important staff people by calling
the respective offices of your senators and congressional member.

Otto
		Prof. Otto G. Raabe, Ph.D., CHP
                [President, Health Physics Society, 1997-1998]
		Institute of Toxicology & Environmental Health (ITEH)
		     (Street address: Old Davis Road)
		University of California, Davis, CA 95616
		Phone: 530-752-7754  FAX: 530-758-6140 [NEW AREA CODE]
		E-mail ograabe@ucdavis.edu