MDA vs LLD

Sorry to raise this spectre again, but I wanted to thank everyone for their
inout in helping me to make sense of all the conflicting rreports out there.
Here is what I am putting forth in my upcoming class: 1) Per ANSI 13.30, LLD is
the same as MDA, and MDA is the preferred usage. 2) The mean of the Critical
level is 1.645 times the mean of the background or a zero activity sample. 3)
MDA is 2 times Critical level. 4) the equation in Reg Guide 8.25 appears to be
WRONG!  In the numerator, inside the square root where it showa that Rb times
Ts, this should be Rb divided by Ts.  Otherwise the derivation doesn't fit
anyone else's equation.
   Please, someone either tell me I'm right or wrong on the Reg Guide.  Thanks.
Anthony F. (Tony) Armagno
Northeast Utilities Millstone Station
Tele: (860) 437-2519
E-Mail: armagaf@gwsmtp.nu.com
According to Cowboy Wisdom: There's more ways to skin a cat than stickin' his
head in a boot jack and jerkin' on his tail!