Re[2]: SI-units for radiation and activity

The relationship between grays and sieverts and the mks unit system that is now
standard in physics in the U. S. and the rest of the world is a clear
educational benefit of the use of SI units (my students understand what a
joule/kg means because they learn about joules (rather than ergs) in physics.
However, because Marie Curie was my first heroine, I have trouble giving up the
curie.  Actually, I use both, with the "traditional" units in parentheses
usually.

Clearly only my own opinion

Ruth F. Weiner
Transportation Systems Department