Re: RADSAFE digest 1792

> A local politician contacted me and inquired as to the possible
> health effects of allowing cell phone towers to be erected in his
> district.  We discussed ionizing vs. non-ionizing effects for a while,
> but I could only give educated opinions.  Does anyone have references
> that I could pass on to this gentleman?

I guess I haven't sent this pointer to RadSafe recently.

Electromagnetic Fields and Human Health FAQs
http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop.html

Cell Phone Base Antennas and Human Health FAQs
http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/cell-phone-health-FAQ/toc.html
   PCS) base station antennas are a risk to human health.
   Some aspects of the FAQ are also relevant to other types of broadcast
   antennas.  While discussion of general issues are international in
   scope, some of the technical and regulatory aspects of the FAQ are
   currently USA-specific.

Powerlines & Cancer FAQs:
http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/powerlines-cancer-FAQ/toc.html
   electrical occupations and cancer; including: the biophysics of
   interactions with electromagnetic  sources, summaries of the
   laboratory and human studies, information on standards, and an
   annotated bibliography.

Preguntas y Respuestas sobre Líneas Electricas y Cancer
http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/lineas-electricas-cancer-FAQ/toc.html
Resumen: Introduccion a una serie de preguntas y respuestas sobre la
   relacion entre líneas electricas, trabajos electricos y cancer:
   incluye una discusion sobre la biofisica de la interaccion con
   fuentes EM, resumenes de estudios de laboratorio y sobre personas,
   informacion sobre normativa y bibliografia comentada.

Static Electric and Magnetic Fields and Cancer FAQs
http://www.mcw.edu/gcrc/cop/static-fields-cancer-FAQ/toc.html
   epidemiological evidence relevant to the issue of whether static
   (direct current, DC) magnetic or electric fields cause or contribute
   to cancer in humans.

John Moulder (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu)