RE: High natural background at Ramsar

Bruce,

You will more information and references in
"The State-of-the-Art on Worldwide Studies in some Environments with
Elevated Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM)"
by Mehdi Sohrabi in Applied Radiation and Isotopes Vol. 49 (3), 1998,
169-188

Kind Regards, Gert Jonkers
CTANL/2 - Nuclear Measurement Techniques
   Radiotracer applications,
   Gamma-transmission and Neutron BackScatter (NBS) measurements
   Naturally Occurring Radioactive Materials (NORM)
   Radiological Protection Advice
Shell Research and Technology Centre, Amsterdam (SRTCA),
PO Box 38000, NL-1030 BN Amsterdam, the Netherlands
tel.        +31 - 20 - 630 3424
fax        +31 - 20 - 630 2911
e-mail   Gert.G.Jonkers@OPC.Shell.COM