High Dose Rate Neutron Irradiations

I am looking for a facility that can do very high neutron dose irradiations
for SLAC. We prefer an average neutron energy of a few MeV (like
unmoderated Cf-252), but higher would be acceptable.

We would like to irradiate small optichromic dosimeters to doses starting
at 10 krads and going up by factors of ten. 1 Mrad is our goal for the
highest dose. A reactor spectrum would be OK if there is a way to reduce
the photon field. We have data about how these dosimeters respond to
photons; what we are testing is neutron response.

The dosimeters are small. There are 5 different materials, 3 of them about
1 cm square. The other 2 are rods about 3 mm in diameter and 2-3 cm long.

If you have a source that can perform such irradiations in a reasonable
period of time or know of a place where this could be done, please contact me.

---------
Bob Flood
Dosimetry Group Leader
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center