Re: mercury

     By your comment, I infer that perhaps you are considering this as a
     biohazard also.

     We had a similar problem back in 1995.  After much searching, we
     were able to dispose of human serum containing mercury (400 ppm) as
     merthiolate.  First, we had to inactivate the biohazard - we used a
     product called Isolyzer- available through Laidlaw.  After
     disinfection, it was shipped to:

     Laidlaw Environmental Services
     Thurso, Quebec
     phone: 819-9850110

     Our TSDF, Laidlaw (Northeast), Andover, MA 978-683-1002 was very
     helpful with this.

     This may or may not help with your waste.

     Good luck!

     Maureen Gillis
     Regulatory/Safety Supervisor
     Chiron Diagnostics