RE: grad school determination

Mary,

Thanks for responding to my email message.  I actually attending Oregon State as a freshman in their nuclear engineering department.  I loved my experience there.  I wasn't terribly impressed with their math department, however, and my first view of calculus scared me out of nuclear engineering.  I transferred as a sophomore for financial reasons to Salt Lake Community College, where I took calculus, physics, anatomy/physiology, etc.  I remember health physics, but the cost of returning to OSU rendered it a non-option.  I then moved to Idaho State where I am now.  Oregon State was an option up unitl recently for graduate school, but I have been offered a DOE AHP Fellowship to remain at ISU for my master's degree.  I'll probably do it for several reasons:  1) The program classes for waste management and decommissioning are more plentiful in ISU's engineering department than in most places (the health physics program is in the physics department, and the engineering department has a nuclear and environmental emphasis option -- separate programs completely---very unusual), 2) Financially more attractive, 3) Relocation for school won't be necessary, and 4) Remaining at the same institution, but attending completely different courses will allow me to diversify more than other institutions will allow me.

I'm still open to ideas (as these are only my own).  If you have any more thoughts, I'd be glad to hear them.  Thanks again for taking the time to respond.

Greg

(Use the same address:  gibbgreg@isu.edu  I'm using a different server for today only).