Re[2]: Road kill sampling method: -Reply

     Bob Flood wrote:
     >Perhaps someone can explain to me why this animal had to die.

     Actually they could have decontaminated him externally, and kept
     him as a pet until he decayed internally, as they did with the cats
     at San Onofre, but there's an inherent difference between
     decontaminating kittens and decontaminating alligators. We're back
     to risk analysis. In this case immediate personal risk.

     As far as containing him, loss of licensed radioactive material is
     definitely a violation of federal regulations.

     James Austin
     austinjd@songs.sce.com